Joe Lad, Cecile Guidote-Alvarez, and Javier Collado Ruano
In August 2014, Director of Edition at Global Education Magazine, Javier Collado, was invited by Cecile Guidote-Alvarez, Director at “ITI-Earthsavers UNESCO DREAM Center in Philippines”, to attend Ninoy Aquino Movement. On the occasion of the 31st Anniversary of the Martyrdom of Ninoy Aquino, Cecile and Javier had an interview in DZRH radio, where they talked about their meeting in the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), the youth development policies of UNESCO DREAM Center in the Philippines, the last interview done in the International Day of Woman, Global Citizenship Education proposed by UNESCO, and the solidary project of Global Education Magazine.
The National Tribute to Ninoy Aquino was organized by the authorities of the Manila International Airport, in cooperation with the Philippine Commission on Human Rights, ATOM/Spirit of EDSA/Kalampagin Konsiyensyang Kinakalawang, and UNESCO DREAM Center of the Philippines. During the commemorative ceremony, were noted the messages from Dr. Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, and HE Benigno C. Aquino III, President of the Republic of the Philippines.
In addition, Memorial Lectures on Human Rights and Democracy were also performed by people Awarded with Ninoy Aquino Medal of Valor:
– Fernando Martin O. Pena (NAM Freedom Fighters youth sector)
– Charito Planas (LABAN Candidates Allies)
– Dr. Alejandro R. Roces (Posthumous – Artist/Educator)
– Arnold Zeitlin (FOCAP)
– AP and Posthumously Sandra Burton (Time Magazine)
– Michael Posner (Committee of lawers for Human Rights)
– H.E. former President Jimmy Carter (Human Rights Policy)
– H.E. Vice-President Jejomar Binay (Human Rights Advocate and Defender against coup attempts)